Pre-requisites: 6 months experience in dermal fillers or anti-wrinkle injections, NVQ LV3 in Beauty or qualified Nurse, Dentist or Doctor.
A PDO Thread Lift is a non-surgical facelift with Polydioxanone (PDO) threads, suitable if you have loose skin around your mid to lower face and are looking for a tighter and fresher appearance.
The PDO treatment is otherwise known as “the lunchtime facelift” is a safe and effective alternative to surgical procedures. Results can be seen immediately and last on average for around 18 months.
Dissolvable threads made of Polydioxanone (PDO) are inserted into the face using a cannula, lifting loose skin and improving its texture. Unlike a surgical facelift, there is no cut or incisions, just small injections.
Our goals are that our delegates are competent in the use and selection of all types of threads. The sessions cover all areas of the face and jawline.
PDO threads offer a safe and effective means to regenerate the skin.
The PDO threads use the body’s own healing ability to regenerate from the dermis layer. The advantages are –
- A non-invasive procedure to regenerate the skin by creating new collagen
- Increases the elasticity and firmness of the skin
- Creates a matrix and structure for the whole face
- Improves the texture of the skin
- Tightens and Lifts
- Utilises Lipolysis (fat cell death)
- Ideal for contouring, sculpting, and lifting. Perfect for defining the jawline to create a younger look.
The course covers-
- Eye Lifts
- Fox Eye
- Jowl lift
- Jawline lift
- Nasal fold reduction
- Cheek lift
- Mouth corner lift
- 2 point and 3 point facelifts
“Where the procedure of thread lift (i.e. involving the insertion of threads) is carried out by a healthcare professional, it falls within the Care Quality Commission (CQC) scope of registration, requiring the provider to register with the CQC for the regulated activity of surgical procedure.”